What you Need:
- Raw or Green Peanuts
- Seasoning like Zest Coast Carolina Rub. Sweet Heat, Original, Savory Blast or Hot Coffee works great as well. Around 3 to 4 TBS
- Salt, About 2 TBS - more or less as desired.
- Hot Sauce like Texas Pete or Frank's Red Hot - 2 TBS - Optional
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
What to do:
- Place peanuts in the Instant Pot. 2/3 full.
- Add , salt, hot sauce, and seasoning. Carolina Rub has red pepper flakes so if using something else, add 2 TBS red pepper flakes.
- Add water to cover the peanuts. If dry peanuts, use enough water so that peanuts are floating.
- Place the steamer rack for the Instant Pot on top of the peanuts to help weight them down. Optional.
- Place lid on Instant Pot, check to see that the valve is in "sealing" position.
- Set to "Pressure Cook" for 75 minutes for green peanuts, 150 if peanuts are "raw" dried. 120 minutes is the maximum time on my cooker. If not done to your liking, go an additional 30 minutes. Slow cooker takes about 24 hours.
- Allow a natural pressure release. If not done to your liking, cook additional 30 minutes.
- Good hot or cold. Freeze leftovers.
Try other flavors like BBQ with Zest Coast Original:
4 TBS Zest Coast Original
2 TBS Red Pepper Flakes
2 TBS Salt